Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sept. 19/07
David daCosta
So the weekend of September 15-16 included two days of 10-6 pm rehearsals. Of course the rest of the cast had been doing this every day since the first read on the 11th, but it was the student body's first crack at an 'all-dayer'. I couldn't believe how much the group had accomplished since the first read which had occurred on the not-so-distant previous Tuesday. Obviously things have to be accomplished quickly with the amount of time for rehearsals, but never the less...I was impressed. The music is a bit more difficult to learn than I had thought it would be because it is...well...kind of difficult. The vocal lines are fast flowing, covering many a note with not too much time in between. Not to say all the songs are or even any of the songs are all over the place, but it's definitely not Summer Nights we're singing here. Anyway, it was a bit intimidating at first to step in and try to blend in with the others while singing..but once we(chorus) got more of a feel for it, things started to flow a bit more smoothly. I get the music chiming into my head regularly now, so that's a good thing. Well..it's been 2 days since I've been at rehearsal, and I return tomorrow...undoubtedly, where the show is at will be much different than where I left it Sunday...I look forward to seeing where that is exactly come the morning sun. A bientot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home